POLICIES & PROCEDURES
SUPPLY CHAIN POLICY:
A cornerstone of our efforts is the publication of our Emirates Gold Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT), Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and Supply Chain Management Policy. This policy is approved by Senior Management. Each of our employees is committed to follow this policy and our suppliers are informed of our standards and commitments,
as we aim to build long-term relationships with our clients. A summary of our Supply Chain Policy is given below.
For more information on the management system in place to achieve the goals set forth in our Supply Chain Policy and comply with international standards on responsible sourcing, please refer to our Compliance Reports on this page.
At Emirates Gold we are committed to conduct our work respecting the highest business and ethical standards. We have robust compliance measures in place and dedicated officers who monitor and mitigate risks identified in the supply chain. Our goal is to produce gold responsibly.
As a key player in the supply chain, we take our responsibilities very seriously and have developed and
implemented a robust due-diligence framework based on risk assessment and modeled on the guidance issued by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association), the RMI (Responsible Mineral Initiative), and the DMCC Guidance and DMCC Rules (Dubai Multi Commodities Center). (Translations of the DMCC guidance are available in Hindi, Arabic, and Malayalam.)
To report any concerns or grievances related to responsible sourcing, please use the Contact Information at the end of our Supply Chain Policy provided below.
SUMMARY OF THE EMIRATES GOLD SUPPLY CHAIN POLICY:
- We, Emirates Gold DMCC, do not tolerate nor profit, assist, facilitate or contribute to any sort of torture, forced labour, human rights abuse, war crimes, or any form of criminal activity including but not limited to money laundering. In particular, we do not tolerate the worst forms of child labour (as defined by the International Labour Organization Convention No 182).
- We will not tolerate any direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups or their affiliates who illegally control or tax mines, or any point in the supply chain.
- We will commit to eliminate however possible direct or indirect support to public or private security forces that illegally control mine sites or any other points in the supply chain.
- We commit to not offering, promising or demanding any bribes, and resist the solicitation of bribes to conceal the origin of metals or misrepresent taxes paid to the governments. We do not tolerate any forms of bribery or corruption.
- We will support efforts and contribute to the elimination of money laundering.
- We commit to uphold high standards of environmental protection and sustainability.
- We commit to assessing suppliers and transactions on a risk based approach and commit to a strong management system for identifying and mitigating risks.